Abacus Masterclass – Beginner Level
Know your Abacus and learn Speedwriting – Free Course
What you’ll learn
- You will be able to identify and understand the importance of all the parts of the Abacus.
- You will be able to hold the Abacus and Pencil in proper position.
- Speedwriting for both right and left handed students is one of the most important part of the course.
- You will be able to count upto eight to nine digit number.
- You will be able to read and set any number between '0' to '999999999' on Abacus
- And you will be ready to use abacus for calculations and start learning additions, subtraction etc.
- Willingness and eagerness to learn new skill
- Handy notebook or Paper and a pencil
- Having Abacus tool is good but not mandatory. You can use any of the Abacus apps for time being until you get the abacus tool.
- Basic understanding of digits and numbers is essential.
Abacus – the Ancient super fast and super efficient technique for mental mathematics has proved to be the best method not only for the calculations but also for the stimulation of brain function. Researches have found the increased concentration, comprehension, listening abilities and also improved memory and problem solving skills in the people who mastered this technique.
This course is designed to build a strong foundation for mastering the technique of abacus for mental math. It is the first course of the series of abacus masterclass which has eight levels in addition to the beginner level. We will move ahead step by step gradually in each level.
In this particular course you will get the basic idea of using and handling abacus. During the course you will master speed writing. With adequate practice your fingers will start moving efficiently on abacus tool. You will learn to count up to 999,999,999. You will be able to set and read any number on you abacus. Practice exercises will also introduce you to the first step of mental mathematics. By the end of the course you will be all set to jump ahead and learn simple addition and subtraction in the Level I course of this series.
This course is designed considering everybody who is willing to learn. Parents and guardians of kids above age of 6 can guide and assist kids in learning and mastering mental mathematics by following tips and techniques illustrated in this course. Ample practice is recommended for both children and adults. The course is divided in easy to digest chunks for comfort of learning. It is advised to follow the sequence of the course for better understanding.
So, grab the opportunity to learn it yourself or teach it to your children!!
See you in the course!!
Author(s): Kashmira Joshi