A Comprehensive Guide to Combinatorics
Easily master combinatorics through nine succinct videos – Free Course
What you’ll learn
- Master the fundamental counting principle
- Derive the formulas for permutations and combinations and learn the differences between these two types of arrangements
- Discuss special types of arrangements (Combinations with repetitions, Distinguishable and circular permutations)
- Discover Pascal's Triangle and its numerous applications
- Learn the laws of probability
- Fully understand binomial experiments
- Learn how to calculate expected value
- Apply your new knowledge by solving interesting problems
- An understanding of fundamental mathematical operations
- A positive, can-do attitude and a desire to learn and enhance your math skills
Welcome to a “Comprehensive Guide to Combinatorics.”
My name is Deyan Kassev and I am a high school student from the United States. For as long as I can remember, I have been fascinated with mathematics. I have participated in countless math competitions including Math Olympiad, AMC 8 and 10, Mathcounts, and various regional math leagues. I have also tutored aspiring middle school mathletes. Through my competition career I have come to find that many of the most interesting and challenging problems involve combinatorics, a field of mathematics concerned with creating, counting, analyzing, and optimizing arrangements.
Whether you are a mathlete looking to enhance your competition skills or a high school student preparing for an Algebra II test, I have the perfect solution for you. I have complied a class or nine videos that, together, form a complete and well-structured guide to combinatorics. While comprehensive, my series of videos, is concise and time friendly. It is accompanied by relevant examples that will augment your learning experience. I go over clever ways to derive and remember counting concepts and discuss common problem types that appear throughout competition math and the high school curriculum. All information is presented in an easy to follow visual manner.
Over the course of my nine videos, students will cover concepts ranging from permutations and combinations to Pascal’s triangle, exploring the many interesting topics within the field of combinatorics. After completing my course, you will be a master at combinatorics and will be ready to confidently tackle any counting problem that you encounter.