[Free] Strategy In Action
How to formulate, plan and execute successful business strategies – Free Course
What you’ll learn
- How can you take a glimpse into the future to define the long-term vision and ambition for your organisation?
- How to analyze your organisations internal capabilities to identify your core competencies that set you apart from competitors?
- How to assess the dynamics and identify the threats and risks in the markets you are currently present in?
- How to assess the dynamics and identify the emerging threats and risks in the markets you are currently present?
- How to identify the opportunities and quantify the potential for growth in your current markets, as well as in adjacent and new ones?
- How to ensure long-term sustainable growth for your organisation, by focusing on the right strategic priorities today?
- No previous experience required. Basic business and financial literacy could be useful.
The Strategy in Action (SiA) Programme is the product of more than two decades of experience, which its creators gained in both academia and industry, researching and applying the latest management theories to advise organisations, helping them achieve sustainable growth and build long-lasting capabilities within their leadership teams.
This course will teach you how to formulate, plan, and execute a successful organisational strategy. But what is Strategy? It is a set of coordinated, sustainable and creative actions performed by a coalition of people that aim at creating value.
In this course, you will follow a structured approach to define what the future of your organisation should look like and how you can achieve it. After completing the course you will be able to:
Formulate inspiring vision statement and mission statements and translate them into long-term KPIs, which will guide your organisations strategic direction
Analyse your financial position and assess your internal capabilities against competitors to identify your core competencies (strengths) and areas for further investment (weaknesses)
Assess the dynamics in the markets you currently serve and identify the risks (threats) that might emerge in them
Identify the adjacent and new markets your organisation could expand into and quantify the potential (opportunities) for growth
Leverage your SWOT to define the strategic priorities that will ensure your organisations long-term sustainable growth
The full SiA Programme consists of the learning materials in this course, used in combination with the SiA App, 3HORIZONs proprietary digital platform, which codifies management frameworks, into simple digital workflows. While the course learning outcomes are enhanced by going through it in parallel with your journey through the SiA Platform, the course introduces fundamental strategic and management theories, which are central to every business leaders toolkit..
Author(s): Davide Sola, Giovanni Scarso Borioli, 3HORIZONS Consulting