Connecting Environmental Education To Education Standards
Maximizing Learning Opportunity – Free Course
What you’ll learn
- Explain the differences between Colorado State Academic Standards, Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards.
- Understand the language and terminology used in standards.
- Correlate programs and lessons to standards.
- This course does not have a prerequisite.
Environmental and outdoors education programs can support and enhance standards based curriculum and activities taught both in and outside the classroom In order to make these linkages it is critical that environmental education providers understand how to use the different types of academic standards. Join us in this online course to:
Learn how to navigate the Colorado State Academic Standards, Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards.
Identify tools to help you correlate programs and lessons to academic standards to better speak to the teachers you serve.
- Share information about available environmental education curriculum guidelines and resources.
Author(s): Colorado Alliance for Environmental Education Denver, CO