Astronomy for VCE Physics
Learn the VCE Physics Astronomy course through instruction, simulations and your own observations of the night sky. – Free Course
What you’ll learn
- By the end of this course you will have an understanding of the motion of the night sky
- how to observe celestial objects
- An inquiring mind
- access the computer or iPad (preferrably both)
- access to the internet
This course covers the content as prescribed by VCAA for the Unit 1,2 Physics Detailed Study of Astronomy.
The course includes audio/video instruction, running simulations, analysing images and, importantly, your own observations of the night sky.
The course will take 3 weeks to complete, with 3 lessons per week.
Each lesson typically involves:
– the introduction of the theory (video and/or text)
– experiment/practical activity/night sky observation/simulation exercise
– further reading/references
The final lessons will go through revision of course content, then a final test.