[Free] Doctoral Capstone Presentation
The course posted is Doctoral Capstone Project on the Sensory Modifications and Caregiver Education for Preschool Aged C – Free Course
What you’ll learn
- Identify one of the guiding approaches for this capstone project.
- Identify one principle/framework used when creating the classroom modification proposal.
- Define sensory integration.
- Discuss the positive effects of classroom modifications on preschool aged children with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- No requirements to take this course.
The course posted is Doctoral Capstone Project on the Sensory Modifications and Caregiver Education for Preschool Aged Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder. The course discusses my doctoral capstone experience including the needs assessment, review of literature, approach to the project, learning objectives and activities, artifacts, references, and closing acknowledgments.
By the end of this session participants will be able to:
1. Identify one of the guiding approaches for this capstone project.
2. Identify one principle/framework used when creating the classroom modification proposal.
3. Define sensory integration.
Primary: Sensory Integration Theory
Secondary: Person-Environment-Occupation-Performance Model (PEOP)
My learning objectives:
Demonstrate the ability to utilize and analyze evidence for occupation-based practice and develop habits of life-long learning.
Display professionalism, ethical behavior, and advocacy skills to influence positive change with clients, communities, and the profession.
Student will develop sensory materials that can be utilized individually or in group setting that address various sensory processing needs in order to help children regulate in order to better achieve their goals.
Student will develop parent education handout about sensory processing needs and activities to assist in regulating their child.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions you have or for more information about my doctoral capstone experience.
Author(s): Sarah Lindstrom