[Free] Obtain Stock Prices Using Google Sheets
and Google Finance – Free Course
What you’ll learn
- Students will be given an introduction to Google Sheets.
- Students will be given an introduction to Google Finance.
- Students will learn how to use Google Sheets functions to obtain financial data from Google Finance.
- Students will learn how to download a Google Sheet into a csv file for use in machine learning projects.
- The student should have a basic knowledge of spreadsheets in order to take this course.
This course shows the student how to use a formula in Google Sheets to retrieve stock data from Google Finance and place that data in individual cells within a spreadsheet.
Google Sheets is a free online spreadsheet hosted by Google that enables the user to access it from any computer that has access to the internet.
Google Finance is a free online financial package that allows the user to access stock data of companies that are listed on the stock market.
With Google Finance, Company Financial Statements, and company information, a user will be able to make an informed decision about whether a company is investment-worthy.
Although this course only covers one aspect of analysing a company’s financial status, it is useful in analysing stock data and potentially making predictions on whether the stock is likely to increase (bull market) or decrease (bear market).
In this course the student will learn how to open a page in Google Sheets and give it a name. He will learn how to type words into a column of the spreadsheet and then to enter a formula into a cell of data. By undertaking these small tasks, he will be able to obtain stock data from Google Finance and use it to perform an analysis on that data.
Author(s): Tracy Renee