Violin: How To Choose One, Gear It Up, Care And Maintenance
A guide to know what to look for when purchasing a violin, and how to gear up according to your needs and possibilities. – Free Course
What you’ll learn
- The parts of the violin and bow, and what each one is for
- How to identify a good quality violin from a low quality one
- How to buy your first violin, avoiding scams
- What to take into account at the time of making the choice
- What are the necessary accesories and gear, and the different types available
- How to replace the strings on your instrument
- How to tune the violin in two different ways, one for begginers and the other for more experienced students
- All about daily care and periodic maintenance
- how to choose the right violin size for kids
- Being eager to dive into this wonderful bowed world
- Having paper and pencil to take notes, or a violin and bow at hand
How to know if a violin is of good quality or not? How to know if the price for a certain instrument is fair? What accesories do I need? Is a shoulder rest necessary? What is rosin for?
Those are all valid, and very frequent questions begginers have. Its a bit of a dilemma to have to choose an instrument and its gear without yet knowing what it is about, which are its parts and their purposes, its characteristics, problems and proper care. On countless ocassions my students have chosen poorly, or have rushed into the purchase. So here comes this short course, to asist and advise on that first choice, to introduce you to the violin, its parts and functioning, and also to its accesories: what each one is for, what types you find available, and their necessity at the time of learning to play.
Besides, youll find step-by-step guides for tuning and maintenance, and all the tips and advice for the daily care of the violin and bow, with downloadable written material for your reference.
Note: instructor speaks in spanish, but you’ll find all captions available in english!
Author(s): La Pizzicata Clases – Lucy Garrote