Acoustic Guitar Basics
The first steps to learning how to play guitar – Free Course
What you’ll learn
- Learn Basic strumming patterns
- You will learn all the basic chords that will allow you to play hundreds of songs
- How to hold the guitar & how to tune the instrument
- You will need a Guitar (acoustic steel string or classical nylon string) a plectrum, and a desire to learn
This Free course will get you playing the acoustic guitar in no time.
I will show you:
- how to hold the guitar
- exactly where to place your fingers to play the basic guitar chords
- how to read chord diagrams
- how to play chords of G, D, C, Em, Am, Cadd9
- basic strumming patterns
- how to tune the guitar
- how to use a capo
You will learn all the basics needed to get you started, along with strumming patterns that will have you playing songs in a very short period of time. During the videos any chords that are being used will appear onscreen and there are video inlays to give you a closer look at what my left-hand fingers are doing. A visual representation of the strumming patterns will also be shown onscreen where necessary.
The strumming patterns and chord diagrams are included as supplemental materials so they can be downloaded and studied separately from the videos.
The course should take approx. 5 weeks to complete if you are an absolute beginner with no previous experience. Also if you've always wanted to play guitar or tried to learn guitar before but found changing chords or strumming was difficult then this is the course for you.
Author(s): Francis Long