15 Essential Blues Guitar Licks
Learn to play classic blues – Free Course
What you’ll learn
- Gain a better knowledge of blues lead guitar.
- Gain a better understanding of blues rhythm guitar and structure.
- Improve lead guitar phrasing and note-choice.
- Improve "feel".
- Learn to use chord tones in solos.
- Learn some fantastic blues licks that you can incorporate into your own solos.
- Improve general lead and rhythm guitar skills.
- Improve your knowledge of the fretboard.
- Some prior knowledge of fundamental electric guitar techniques, such as string bending and vibrato.
Probably The Most Valuable FREE Blues Guitar Lesson Youll Ever Take!
Bobby Harrison from Absolute Blues Guitar presents an in-depth blues guitar course with tab, standard notation, fretboard diagrams and high quality backing tracks.
In this tutorial, we will learn 15 essential blues licks in the context of a 12 bar blues solo over a shuffle groove in the good old-fashioned key of A.
Our solo spans two choruses (twice around the 12 bar progression) and features many classic blues licks and phrases in the styles of B.B. King, Freddie King, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Albert King and Albert Collins.
These 15 licks feature classic blues tonality, along with chord tones that really highlight the changes. These are all extremely usable ideas that you can incorporate into your own playing. Each lick breakdown features on-screen tab
In addition to learning the solo, were also going to cover a very cool rhythm guitar part that you can try out next time you find yourself at a blues jam.
Author(s): Absolute Blues Guitar Guitar Lessons