[Free] How To Paint Watercolour - An Entirely New Approach
You’ve never seen watercolour done this way before. Learn my approach to watercolour and paint “Boats in Landscape” – Free Course
What you’ll learn
- An entirely new approach to painting watercolour
- Apply these new techniques to their own work
- Understand building colours and layers with watercolor
- Understand how to paint skies, trees, sea, boats and more
- Watercolor Paper (I use 300gsm smooth watercolor paper)
- Variety of Brushes – Most Commonly No.6, No.4, No. 3, No.1, No.00, Half Inch Flat and Quarter Inch Flat.
- Watercolor Paints (I use Winsor and Newton Cotman watercolour pans and palette but you can use any you like)
- Hardboard backing board (for taping your work to)
- Graphite pencils & sharpener – optional if drawing free hand (we provide an outline drawing)
- Brown sticky tape!
- Kitchen roll
- Water container
When I first started using Watercolour in 1980 I was inspired to copy the great artists such as Constable, Quinton and others. I couldnt get on with oil or acrylic so turned my hand at watercolour.
As I had never gone to art school I just went with my instincts and had fun!
Because I tried to copy the great artists, the techniques I developed were completely unique and unlike any other watercolour pictures I saw.
I remained self taught, learnt as I went along and what youll see in this course is a result of years of learning through mistakes and finding what worked.
Youll also see techniques never before attempted with watercolour (as far as I know). My watercolour pictures, even though theyre impressionistic, have a sense of realism about them.
In this course Ill give you an outline drawing so that you can print this straight to watercolour paper or trace it using a carbon. Ill also show you the materials I use in my watercolour work.
Then well get started with the paintings which are split into easy to digest parts.
With this course you will learn to paint “Boats in Landscape” a picture originally done in Pastel Pencils and now I’ve decided to try it in Watercolour. In this 1.5 hour course you’ll learn to paint a sky, trees, foliage, sea, boats and more!
I hope you enjoy learning my watercolour techniques, once you are finished, please do share your artwork via the Q &A section or message us using Udemy’s messaging tools.
Author(s): Colin Bradley School of Art