[Free] Foundational Techniques For Watercolor
Learn how to create fresh and vibrant watercolor paintings – Free Course
What you’ll learn
- Learn techniques used to create fresh and vibrant pictures.
- Knowledge on how to mix and match colors
- Painting hard and soft edges in watercolor
- Understand the order of applying colors
- Understand how to use the whiteness of the page to create highlights
- Learn how to create a warm mood
- How to experiment and have fun with watercolor painting
- Paint with more confidence
- A watercolor paint set
- A paint brush
- A palette with wells for mixing paints with water
- A4 or Letter size sheet of watercolor paper
- tissue paper
Do you want to create powerful and vibrant watercolor paintings? I will show you!
I have been painting watercolor since I was a child and for the past 20 year I have been teaching students of all levels. The primary reason I see people struggle with it is because they mix too many colors together, producing dull and muddy pictures. With watercolor, less is more. Brightness comes from the whiteness of the paper, and to preserve it you must use nice clear colors sparingly and effectively.
In this course I will show you easy step-by-step techniques for mixing colors, directing water and paint and creating textures. By the end of this short course you will be able to convey a sense of transparency, delicacy and subtlety. We will go over these techniques in real time as you see me paint a picture of my cat from start to finish, explaining each step along the way. These techniques can be applied to any other living creatures too.
As well as learning from the lecture materials, I will reply to all messages and will give feedback for any of your artwork in order to help you improve!
All of my videos have captions. Enjoy!
Author(s): Shizue Takahashi