Immunity Debugger for Exploit Devs – YCSC Lab Essentials
Learn Immunity Debugger in and out. – Free Course
What you’ll learn
- Basics of Immunity Debugger
Get familiar with various Views / Windows
Stack operations available in Immunity Debugger
- Disassembler operations available in Immunity Debugger
- Get started with PyCommands & Mona Library
- Just-in-time debugging with Immunity Debugger
- How to set breakpoints, step through and trace
- Immunity Debugger command line
- Familiarity with Assembly Language (good to have)
- Understanding of x86 CPU architecture (registers, flags, stack etc.)
Immunity Debugger is the go to debugger for most security professionals. Immunity Inc describes it as a powerful new way to write exploits, analyze malware, and reverse engineer binary files. It builds on a solid user interface with function graphing, the industry’s first heap analysis tool built specifically for heap creation, and a large and well supported Python API for easy extensibility.
This course covers both, well-known and lesser-known, features of Immunity Debugger. Few of the key topics discussed in this course are as follows:
Download and Installation
Breakpoints, stepping through, tracing etc.
PyCommands and Mona Library
… and a lot more
A good understanding of Immunity Debugger comes in handy while exploit development, backdooring PE files, encoding files for anti-virus evasion. Once you have completed this course, you will be a lot more comfortable with Immunity Debugger and you’ll know which features to use to perform each of the previously mentioned activities.
Since other debuggers like Ollydbg (Olly debug), evans debug etc. have a similar interface, through this course you can learn how to use them as well. I have created this course with the vision that it becomes your go to reference guide for Immunity Debugger and other similar debuggers.