[Free] Gatling Framework Basics -Performance Testing In Nutshell!
Gatling – Performance, Stress, and Load testing in nutshell – Basic level – Free Course
What you’ll learn
- You will organize your knowledge of the Gatling tool and learn to analyze the results
- Set up your development environment for using Gatling Framework
- Installation and configuration of Gatling from scratch, with no prior knowledge required
- It will be very useful if you need to run performance, stress, load tests
- Gatling basics from simple examples to advanced topics
- Covers a practical approach to performance, stress, and load testing
- The course covers the minimum of test knowledge necessary to start the adventure with performance, load, and stress testing
- Learn how to use Gatling Recorder and Gatling framework with knowledge about the common issue during setting the environment
- Basic software testing skills and proficient computer skills
- Basic knowledge of any programming language
The course covers the basics of getting started with the Gatling Framework tool, in addition to the basics of Gatling as tools, you will learn the basics and metrics and the most important issues related to performance testing. Gatling is a very versatile and gaining popularity modern performance test tool. It includes both Open Source and Enterprise versions. However, in the course, we will focus fully on the free version. You will learn how Gatlin works and how it is used on the popular “Computer Database” application provided by Gatling for the purpose of training performance tests. Step by year I will show you how to apply Gatling to your project using both Recorder and scripts.
Below you will find answers to the most frequently asked questions about the course:
Who is this course for?
Aimed at the IT industry for testers, programmers, regardless of seniority – you will learn or “refresh” knowledge of Gatling Framework and basic of performance testing
For people interested in expanding their skills in the broadly understood software engineering industry
For people who want to learn from scratch the Gatling tool in order to perform performance, stress/load tests
Mostly dedicated to Software developers in Tests, QA, Testers, etc.
What will you learn in this course?
Gatling basics from simple examples to advanced topics
You will organize your knowledge of the Gatling tool and learn to analyze the results
It will be very useful if you need to run performance, stress, load tests
Covers a practical approach to performance, stress, and load testing
The course covers the minimum of test knowledge necessary to start the adventure with performance, load, and stress testing
Why Learn Gatling?
Founded in 2012 (Officially on market from 2015)
Created based on programming languages like Scala, Akka, and Netty
Run most of the protocols
Gatling is constantly updated and has the most efficient engine
from the open-source tools -> GitHub – gatling/gatling
Dedicated Documentation for language: Java, Kotlin, and Scala
When to use Gatling?
When you need a great tool for Performance, Stress, Load Test
Simulate XXX’s of users on a single instance
Need tool in CI / CD environment or pipeline
Write more detailed, controlled, and clean tests (Scala lang)
When you need a fast solution (web recorder) and clear and nice looks reports – Gatling includes a web recorder and colorful reports
Improving your skills in testing
Author(s): Cyfrowy Trener