Free Tutorial – Diabetes owners manual
A simple guide to living with type 2 diabetes – Free Course
What you’ll learn
- Understanding more about type 2 diabetes
- Starting your engine – providing energy for the drive
- Potholes & hazards – managing diabetes through illness, stress, hormonal changes etc
- Pimp my ride – using technology for better diabetes care
- Ready for a road trip – eating out, going on holiday
- Time for a trade-in – knowing when your medication or management plan needs to change
- Cars of the future – what lies ahead in diabetes management
- The long road ahead – psychological concerns in managing a chronic disease
- Have type 2 diabetes or know someone with type 2 diabetes!
This course offers people living with diabetes, their families and friends the opportunity to understand diabetes through the simple analogy of driving a car. It is presented with multiple graphics and unique analogies by a qualified medical practitioner with over a decade of experience in the field of diabetes. Various modules address basic forms of diabetes, food and eating, the diabetes management team, complications, new technologies and therapy options.