VFX Basics: Moving from After Effects to Nuke
Step-by-step guide to transitioning your visual effects compositing skills from After Effects to Nuke. – Free Course
What you’ll learn
- Know what, when and how to navigate and use basic nodes in Nuke
- Understand the functional differences between After Effects and Nuke
- Translate compositing skills from After Effects to do compositing with industry software Nuke
- Passion and Good Follow-Through
- Adobe After Effects CC
- The Foundry Nuke (non-commercial/ commercial version)
If you want to learn how to use industry-standard software, Nuke, to create fancy visual effects (VFX) shots, but you don’t even know how to bring in your files – then you’re looking at the right course. This beginner course will help you get a head start with Nuke’s interface or even help you transition your compositing skills from After Effects – either way, you are introduced to the intimate details of Nuke.
Learn that Other Compositing Tool to Grow as a VFX Artist.
Learn by working through a revamped version of our very own Filmtorial® where we work on a commissioned piece of art for David from Prometheus (2012).
Why This Course?
- Taught by a real professional in the visual effects and film industry who worked on actual Hollywood blockbusters
- Step-by-step guide with a practical and hands-on mini project to work on
- In-depth exploration into the differences and similarities across the two software
- Networking and open collaboration opportunities with instructor and students
- Participate in a new e-learning movement and style of learning by being a part of a story as student characters
Empower yourself by picking up the tool used by 80% of the Visual Effects Industry.
You will Learn How:
- To use the Nuke interface from scratch
- To use and apply basic nodes and effects from After Effects in Nuke
- To comfortably prepare work files, composite and render your work in Nuke
The best part of it all – this course is utterly and ridiculously FREE.