VFX Basics: Moving from After Effects to Nuke
Step-by-step guide to transitioning your visual effects compositing skills from After Effects to Nuke. – Free Course
What you’ll learn
- Know what, when and how to navigate and use basic nodes in Nuke
- Understand the functional differences between After Effects and Nuke
- Translate compositing skills from After Effects to do compositing with industry software Nuke
- Passion and Good Follow-Through
- Adobe After Effects CC
- The Foundry Nuke (non-commercial/ commercial version)
If you want to learn how to use industry-standard software,Nuke,to create fancy visual effects (VFX) shots, but you don’t even know how to bring in your files -then you’re looking at the right course. This beginnercourse will help you get a head start with Nuke’s interface or even help youtransition your compositing skills from After Effects- either way, you are introduced to the intimate details of Nuke.
Learn that Other Compositing TooltoGrow as a VFXArtist.
Learn by working through a revampedversion of our very ownFilmtorialwhere we work on a commissioned piece of art forDavidfromPrometheus (2012).
Why This Course?
- Taught by areal professionalin the visual effects and filmindustry who worked onactual Hollywood blockbusters
- Step-by-step guide with apractical and hands-onminiprojectto work on
- In-depth exploration into the differences and similarities across the two software
- Networking and open collaboration opportunities with instructor and students
- Participate in anew e-learning movementand styleof learning by being a part of a storyas student characters
Empower yourself by picking up the toolused by 80%of theVisual Effects Industry.
You will Learn How:
- To use the Nuke interface from scratch
- To use and apply basic nodes and effects from After Effects in Nuke
- To comfortablypreparework files, compositeand render your workinNuke
The best part of it all – this course is utterly and ridiculouslyFREE.
Author(s): Vicki Lau