SVG basics for beginners – concepts explained with examples
Create awesome 2D vector graphics with SVG (code) + HTML – over-the-shoulder training with detailed examples per lesson – Free Course
What you’ll learn
- Create multiple graphical elements with SVG code – shapes (rectangles, circles), lines, links, etc.
Create scalable vector graphics with just pure HTML and SVG codes
Create awesome graphics without mastering complicated graphic design software
- Edit your SVG graphics in seconds by editing your SVG code
- A very basic understanding of HTML
Are you a programmer who hates graphic design? But do you still want to create awesome 2D vector graphics for your web projects?
SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) is way to go!
Forget mastering complicated graphic design software that have nothing to do with programming. You can now create every kind of vector graphics with just a few lines of code. No design skills needed, at all!
What more? These SVG codes are perfectly editable and can be easily embedded in your websites.
If you know the very basics of HTML and CSS, you’re all set.
Spend a few hours learning a bunch of SVG syntaxes, and you’ll be creating awesome graphics and designs in no time at all!
Every programmer can become a pro designer now!
What will you learn in our course?
1. How to create shapes, lines, text with SVG syntaxes.
2. How to style every single SVG element you create.
3. How to embed links and images in your SVG images.
4. How to edit your SVG graphics in seconds by editing your SVG code
What are some real world applications of what you learn in this course?
By applying the concepts you learn in this course, you can code and design:
1. Graphics for your websites
2. 2D graphs and pictorial reports that can be used in presentations
3. Bar charts, pie charts, etc.
4. Scalable vector icons and logos that can be displayed in websites, mobile browsers, ipads etc.
Sky is the limit! You can apply what you learn here anywhere in the web space, in any sphere.
Your imagination is your only obstacle to how you apply what you learn here in your real world projects.
How is this course designed?
Our free course has 2 modules, where each module will thoroughly explain the intricacies of one of the concepts in SVG with a wealth of over-the-shoulder examples.
Here are the modules:
Module 1 – SVG basics – This is the foundations module. You’ll learn how to create SVG files, how to embed the codes/images in your HTML websites, how the SVG coordinate system works and every other thing you need to get started with creating SVG.
Module 2 – Creating shapes (rectangles, lines, circles), text, images and links with SVG – You’ll learn how to create rectangles, circles, lines, text, images and links with a wealth of examples in every single lesson. You’ll be coding the shapes along with me in every single module so you understand the concepts better. You’ll also learn how to style the elements in multiple ways to get the best possible result.
Why should you choose our course?
1. We like to be thorough in our teaching. You’ll find everything you need to start creating awesome 2D vector graphics with SVG code/syntaxes in this course. You won’t have to look anywhere else.
2. We strongly advocate learning by doing, rather than just listening or reading. Our lectures are filled with a wealth of examples that explain every concept clearly.
So, what are you waiting for? Enroll now and start creating awesome 2D vector graphics with SVG syntaxes in no time at all!