Free NoSQL Tutorial – Building XQuery Apps with the MarkLogic NoSQL Database
A hands-on guide to building apps using the XQuery programming language and the MarkLogic NoSQL database. – Free Course
What you’ll learn
- Integrate diverse data sources quickly and easily without the costs of upfront data modeling
- Build apps using the MarkLogic NoSQL database and XQuery and XPath programming
- Setup and configure a MarkLogic instance and describe the architecture of a MarkLogic cluster
- Implement a role based security model and configure permissions and privileges
- Implement Google-style search features in an application
- Create full text and geospatial search queries
- Configure database indexes
- Load and manage documents and metadata using XQuery and MarkLogic Content Pump
- Perform ACID database transactions
- Implement error handling and logging
- Download MarkLogic (free developer license!!): http://developer.marklogic.com/products
- Install MarkLogic: http://docs.marklogic.com/guide/installation
- Download MarkLogic Content Pump: http://developer.marklogic.com/products/mlcp
This hands-on course is designed to teach you how to quickly build apps using the MarkLogic NoSQL database and the XQuery programming language.
You will learn to use core features of the MarkLogic platform including:
- Architecture and scalability
- Managing data (XML, JSON, Binaries, text, RDF triples and document metadata)
- CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete)
- Performing ACID database transactions
- Search (including geospatial search, geoencoding, and map integration)
- Security (MarkLogic provides a Common Criteria certified security model)
To be successful in the course, students should have familiarity with databases, at least one programming language, and some web development background. Students should also complete the free prerequisite course on Udemy titled Fundamentals of the MarkLogic NoSQL Database.
The course is designed to be very hands-on. Each video discussion is followed with a hands-on lab. All the necessary software is free to download and comes with a free developer license.
Course materials including sample data, code examples, and step-by-step instructions for completing the hands-on labs are provided via a free download.