Learn To Read In Tamil For Absolute Beginners
Learn to read in Tamil through explanations in English and Transliterations for the Tamil scripts. – Free Course
What you’ll learn
- You will be able to read in Tamil slowly.
- You will have a very good insight about the Tamil language and its pronunciations.
- You can now move on to the next step of learning to speak in Tamil.
- You can be proud of yourself, as you will be one among those who can read this Ancient language.
- No previous knowledge of Tamil language is required, This course is for Absolute beginners.
- The language of instruction is English, so basic understanding of English is absolutely necessary.
The first question you might have in your mind is “why should i learn to read in Tamil”. The answer to this is as below.
1. Tamil is a foreign language to many, so your mind and mouth will not be used to this language. Hence, by training yourself to read in Tamil your mind and your tongue will get used to the Tamil language, which will further help and guide you to learn to speak in Tamil.
2. Tamil is an Ancient language, if you are able to read in Tamil then you will be one among those few who can read in Tamil.
3. To understand the beauty of the Tamil language.
Learning a new language is always a challenge to us, since its something new to us it will be scary in the beginning. But, if you have the proper guidance and the right tools for learning it, then learning a new language will be more fun and interesting for you.
I have taught Tamil to many Indians and foreigners worldwide for many years. With the experience i learned in this period, i am able to understand and provide better guidance and tools to learn and speak Tamil.
Most of them are not learning Tamil to write poems or write books in Tamil, they are are learning Tamil only for the below purpose:
1. To communicated with others who speaks Tamil.
2. For the beauty and perfect structure of the Tamil language.
3. To learn an Ancient language.
Keeping this in mind, I have designed this course with in depth explanations on important topics and provide guidance to only on those which are necessary to learn to read in Tamil.
This course will help you to pronounce Tamil letters in step by step basis, First you will learn to pronounce Tamil letters, then to pronounce Tamil words and then to pronounce Tamil sentences. I will also be guiding you to memorize the Tamil letters using Memrise applications and with my audio file.
Also, please note that this course contains all the explanations in English and all the Tamil letters are transliterated into English as well.
The complete course length is 1.5 hours. But, in my experience the total time taken to learn to read Tamil would be somewhere in between 8 to 10 hours. You will learn to Pronounce, memorize the Tamil script, complete the exercises and practice reading in Tamil within this 10 hours time. From the time you started to watch the first video and you finished all the tasks i have mentioned in the course and you finished watching till the last video in this course, everything put together it will be definitely less than 10 hours. This is my commitment to you.
Tamil is a 2000 years old language, This course teaches you Tamil vowels, consonants, compound letters and their pronunciation. we will start from the basic and then increase it step by step and voila, you will be able to read in Tamil at the end.
Author(s): Sanjay Dhanasekaran