From Photo To Dvd – Preserving Those Precious Memories
Improving your digital photography techniques, enhancing photos with Photoshop and creating videos with Premiere – Free Course
What you’ll learn
- Take better photographs, edit photos using Adobe's Photoshop Elements and produce high quality videos and DVDs using Adobe's Premiere Elements
- Understand digital photography strategies and techniques
- Understand and utilize Adobe Photoshop Elements
- Understand and utilize Adobe Premiere Elements
- Create heirloom quality DVDs
- The student will need a moderately powerful laptop or desktop computer. Either Mac or windows devices are acceptable.
- The student will need a digital camera. dSLR camers are preferred but simple cell phones are certainly acceptable.
- Students will be taught within the course how to download and install a free trial version of Adobe's Photoshop and Premiere Elements V14.
- Students should come fully equipped with signficant intellectual curiousty as Rick will challenge you every step of the way!
From Photo to DVD Preserving Those Precious Memoriescovers three primary topics. First, wellexplore some techniques and strategies for taking better digital photos. Well take a moderately deep dive into portraitand landscape photography and an overview look at sports, low-light andunderwater photography. Next, wellexplore the editing of photos using Adobes Photoshop Elements. We begin simply with things like cropping, light and color adjustments. By the timewere finished well have explored photo merges, panoramas, special effects andeven creating your own images from scratch. We conclude the course with a look at creating high quality videos andDVDs with Adobes Premiere Elements. Again we start simply with things like single-threaded timelines, music,narration and transitions. By the timewe conclude you will be creating photo montages, utilizing multiple,simultaneous timelines and creating your own menus. It should all be great fun.
The course is best suited for individuals familiar withdigital photography, but seeking to improve their skills. No prior knowledge of photo or video editingis required. Similarly, AdobesPhotoshop and Premiere Elements are not required. The download and installation of the freetrial versions of each of these products is described within the course.
Rick Phillips, Ph.D., the instructor for this course,describes himself as someone who doesnt always color within the lines. He is energetic and entertaining, but willlikely challenge you within every section to expand your understanding and explore theworld around you. As Rick is known tosay, have some fun out there, but Keep On Learning!
Author(s): Rick Phillips