Emotional Intelligence And Teamwork
Developing Emotional Intelligence Program (Course 3 of 5)
What you’ll learn
- Recognize the value of being socially competent.
- Identify the behaviors that demonstrate empathy.
- Choose the methods for coaching and counseling teammates.
- Select the characteristics of people who deal effectively with diversity.
- Recognize the importance of being able to influence others.
- Choose the strategies used in persuasion.
- Identify the methods of effective communication.
- Apply the appropriate strategies for eliminating or controlling conflict.
- Recognize the importance of participation and collaboration.
- Identify the techniques for nurturing instrumental relationships.
- Choose the methods for creating shared goals.
- Identify the qualities that develop team synergy.
- Recognize the value of developing the team's emotional intelligence.
- Identify the ways to match jobs to people.
- Select the methods for providing feedback and support.
- Select the actions that are appropriate for encouraging and evaluating.
- No special prerequisites for this course.
The Emotional Intelligence and Teamwork course is the third of five included in the Developing Emotional Intelligence Program, also presented as individual courses for your convenience.
Groups are common in the workplace. Why do some work groups flourish, while others seem to drag behind? Team members develop a culture which contributes strongly to their success.
Some groups have an atmosphere of excitement and an ability to adapt. Others resist change and have a negative, growth-inhibiting environment. The ability to handle emotions appropriately and work well with others is known as emotional intelligence.
This competency factors into the team’s success. Participation and collaboration are key to the success of your team. In this course, you’ll explore the importance of these characteristics in accomplishing group goals.
You’ll also examine:
the competencies needed to become an effective team member,
the techniques for handling emotions,
the ways to evaluate your team’s emotional intelligence, and
the strategies for improving your team’s emotional intelligence.
Stellar teams don’t appear out of thin air. They’re made up of the right people in the right place. These teams have the support and encouragement they need to succeed.
Team members are committed to the success of the group and they work to enhance their abilities to thrive in today’s fast-paced business environment. This course will help you contribute effectively to your team’s growth.
Thats it! Now go ahead and push that Take this course button, and see you on the inside!
Author(s): Sorin Dumitrascu