Free Mac Basics Tutorial – Mac 101 – A Beginner's Guide to Mac OS Keyboard Shortcuts
Learn how to use keyboard shortcuts to quickly navigate inside your Mac OS system and applications. – Free Course
What you’ll learn
- How to use common Mac OS keyboard shortcuts to speed up repetitive tasks.
- How replace multiple mouse clicks with simple key combinations.
- How to use common shortcuts in multiple applications.
- Turn on your Mac computer and be able to identify the keys on the keyboard.
- We will be using built-in applications for examples, so there is no extra software to buy.
- This is a basic course meant for novice users.
- Intermediate users wanting to familiarize themselves with keyboard shortcuts on their Mac computers are also welcome.
What if you could simply click two keys on your keyboard and have your Mac’s print dialog box pop-up on the screen? Oh sure, you could scroll your cursor up to the top of the screen and find “File”, then scroll down the drop-down list to the “Print” tab and click it. Or, you could simply press the Command-P and the same box pops up.
This doesn’t sound like a big deal at first, but when you add all of the other functions built into your Mac OS keyboard shortcuts you could be a Keyboard NINJA!
Okay, maybe not a NINJA, but really close.
The bottom line is keyboard shortcuts will simplify your workflow whether your working in a writing document, a graphics application, or trying to switch from one running application to another with the flick of your wrist (yes, there’s a shortcut for that!).
So come with me and let’s dive into the wonderful world of Mac OS keyboard shortcuts and release your inner-Keyboard NINJA*!
* And by the way, I bolded some of the words in this text using common keyboard shortcuts (Command-B). See? Keyboard shortcuts are everywhere!
Author(s): Rusty Ellis