Free Excel Tutorial – Excel Basics: Learn While Creating a Personal Budget
Learn the basics of Excel while working on your personal budget project – Free Course
What you’ll learn
- Getting started from absolute basics – Opening and Saving Excel, Screen navigation, Screen Elements Explained, Typing and Deleting Data
- Column width and row height
- AutoSum, Sum function and simple formulas
- Text and Cell formatting – Borders and shading, Column width and Row height, Wrap Texting, Row and Column Adjustment
- Number Formatting – Data Types, Currency and Accounting
- Naming a worksheet
- Printing – Page Breaks, Margin Settings, Orientation, Scaling, Printing
- You need to have Excel 2007 or later. No Previous Knowledge of Excel Needed.
- Users of Mac Excel will be able to follow along for about 80% of the demos, but there are some features that I will show that are Windows PC specific. All demos will be shown on a Windows PC.
- Students need to have a beginner understanding of Windows operating system or Mac OS.
The best way to learn Excel is to jump right in and start on a project. What better project than creating a personal budget. Follow along with each video as I guide you through the project, step-by-step.
I could take you through each feature of Excel that I feel you should know as a beginner. And it might make sense – until you try to put it all together with your own project. At the end of this course, you will a have a working knowledge of Excel and a usable spreadsheet – your budget!
This course is packed with information, but is is also kept simple. You will not be buried in complicated or exhaustive explanation that cause confusion.
Each detail is broken down into sizable chunks, which makes it easy for you to move along at your own pace.
You are encouraged to ask as many questions as you like regarding the course and project.
Author(s): Micki Harris