Music Theory for Complete Beginners 2
The pitch. Intervals, scales and chords – Free Course
What you’ll learn
- Know how to read notes on the treble and bass clefs
Understand the concepts of pitch, and be able to imitate pitches on an instrument or with the voice
Create major scales in every note
- Create the four basic chords: Major, minor, diminished and augmented in every key
- Measure and identify intervals between two musical notes
- A smartphone with a metronome app would be really helpful
- You should know how to read, write and perform basic Rhythms
- All knowledge needed to take this course you can learn in the course "Music Theory for Complete Beginners" available in Udemy
- A music keyboard would be really helpful, you can also use garageband on an iPad or use a music keyboard on a web page
In this course we take a deep dive into the relationships between sounds of different pitch.
We first study musical notes, the staff, the clefs and the acoustic index. All of the basic tools for making music.
Then we understand intervals, how to measure the distance between two different sounds.
When we understand intervals, we are ready to study scales, in this course we study the most important of all, the major scale, and you will be able to make every major scale there are.
And finally, not only do we use sounds in sequence, but also simultaneously, that’s why we have to study chords, in this course you will learn the four basic chords there are: Major, Minor, Diminished and Augmented.