Learning Modes On Guitar
Get more out of the neck with modes! – Free Course
What you’ll learn
- Break out of pentatonic boxes
- Identity modes better
- Get a better scale "vocabulary"
- Have a better knowledge of music theory
- You'll need to have your own guitar
- Know a little about basic guitar improv
- You'll need to know the difference between a tone (whole step) and a semitone (half step)
This short course is for guitarists who want to get to know understand identify and use modes without too much unnecessary mathematical concept. I’m a huge believer that understanding modes is about training your ear just as much as it is about studying scale construction, and I’m hoping that I teach an even balance of the two. If you are tired of being stuck in pentatonic solo boxes during jams and solo’s then this course is for you. Thanks a lot and drop me an inbox if you have any queries.
Author(s): Tom Goldsmith