How To Play Piano And Sing ‘let It Be’ By The Beatles
Play and sing by ear. Learn a complete song. Impress your friends – or get ready for your first ‘open mic’ night! – Free Course
What you’ll learn
- Play and sing Paul McCartney’s classic song ‘Let it Be’ all the way through.
- Sing to your family. Impress your friends.
- Get ready for that ‘open mic’ night you’ve been thinking about doing.
- You need to know your way around the piano keyboard and have access to an instrument.
- You will learn the chords and the structure of this great pop ballad. You will be using your voice to discover the melody.
- In my experience, the very best way to raise your skill (and confidence) level is to learn a complete song so that you can perform it all the way through. All the time you are enjoying playing it, you are ‘practicing’. Your playing is improving but there doesn’t seem to be any ‘work’ involved!
Playing and singing at the same time isn’t doing two separate things! It’s doing one thing.
The best way to learn and get good at something is to approach it in bite sized chunks. One song at a time. Using this method you get to be able to perform a complete song whilst you are learning. It’s enjoyable straight away and you get results.
In this course you will learn how to play the chords and the melody of Let it Be. And you will learn how to use your voice (singing or humming the song) to bring the two together.
How this course works is:
I teach you the simple chords and the melody (both singing and playing)
I show you what to practice
I break the chords down note by note for beginners (but if you already have some experience you can skip these lectures)
I give you simple excercises/patterns to practice (for both hands)
Before you know it, you will be singing and playing the song.
Chords and Melody. It’s simple.
You don’t have to be a great singer to put a great song across. You don’t have to be great Singer and player to get to the heart of a song, to speak the lyric and to touch people with its essence.
It’s all about Melody, Rhythm and Love. Oh and practice!!
Author(s): Rob Bee