The Art of Lefse Making
The Step-By-Step Process for Successfully Making Authentic Scandinavian Lefse
What you’ll learn
- Select potatoes to make high quality lefse, just like grandma’s.
Troubleshoot common lefse making problems.
Carefully cook potatoes so the dough is easy to work with.
- Roll out thin delicate sheets of lefse.
- Grill each sheet until perfectly cooked.
- Choose from popular lefse toppings.
- Store your lefse for the longest shelf life.
- Become confident with lefse making tools.
- Bonus Content – Create delicious lefse using instant potatoes.
- The desire to make terrific lefse!
Lefse making is not as tricky as you might think. Anyone can do it.
In this course, you will be guided through a step-by-step process for making tasty authentic lefse, without becoming intimidated or frustrated.
Even if you have never touched a rolling pin, by the end of this course you will be successfully making lefse.
Bringing back this treasured family tradition and forming a connection to your heritage.
Master specific techniques that will take the mystery out of lefse making.
What will I be able to DO after I enroll?
· Confidently use lefse making tools.
· Select the appropriate potatoes to make high quality lefse, just like grandma’s.
· Carefully cook potatoes so the dough is the correct consistency and easy to work with.
· Roll out thin, delicate sheets of lefse.
· Grill each sheet until perfectly cooked.
· Choose from popular lefse toppings.
· Appropriately store your lefse for the longest shelf life.
· Troubleshoot common lefse making problems.
· Bonus- Create delicious lefse using instant potatoes.
Create thin, delicate sheets of perfect lefse.
The first time I tried to make lefse was a complete FAIL. My husband and I used his grandma’s recipe… (which was really just a guess because she didn’t follow a recipe).
We didn’t get even a single piece to turn out. It was complete mush and impossible to roll.
Since then, I have tried MANY different recipes and techniques. Some have worked, some have not.
This course is a summary of what I have learned through research and experimenting.
It is the step-by-step process that I now use to make awesome lefse that turns out nearly every time (not quite every time… there is some art to it after all).
You’ll learn how to use all of the tools and where to find them. So no struggling or fumbling with something unfamiliar to you.
Your lefse will turn out more consistently. It should be about the same each time so you know how it will turn out.
Following the techniques and tips will keep you from needing to deal with a sticky or crumbly mess.
You’ll know what to do if you have a problem.
Lefse is traditionally eaten with butter and sugar (and sometimes cinnamon). But these are far from the only options. You discover all kinds of ways to serve your new treat.
After all of this work, you’ll need to know how to store and preserve it so you can enjoy it for as long as possible.
For many families, lefse is a holiday tradition.
Many of us have lost the people who carried on this tradition. Some of them passed it on, while others did not. If your family recipe has been lost to time, you will be able to revive it and bring it back to your family.
Lefse making is an important part of the Scandinavian-American culture.
Connect to this part of your heritage by learning this new skill.
What will I learn specifically?
· The specific tools that are needed and how to use them
· How to choose and prepare the potatoes
· How to mix up the dough using your potatoes
· Rolling out thin sheets of lefse
· Grilling the sheets to perfection
· Choosing from traditional and unique toppings for serving lefse
· Storage and expiration dating
· Bonus – Making lefse using instant potatoes
In short, you will learn exactly what, why, when, and how each step is completed to easily make delicious lefse.
So, give it a try. Sign up today so that you can begin making lefse on your own and bring this amazing tradition back to your family.
If you don’t love the course, you can get a 100% refund at any time. So there is no risk to you.
Once you enroll, you will have all of the information you need to make lefse on your own.
I will also be available to answer any questions that might come up and to assist you if you are struggling.
Let me know what I can do for you.