good start to learn Portuguese – Free Course
What you’ll learn
- be able to read Portuguese well
be able to pronounce the Portuguese alphabet perfectly
be able to read Portuguese well
- After finishing this course, you will be ready to take our house Now Speak Portuguese
- you are going to learn the Portuguese Alphabet
- You are going to learn the pronunciation of Portuguese letters within a word
- You are going to learn the digraphs and how to pronounce them within a word
- You are going to learn the vowels and how to pronounce them within a word
- You are going to learn the five diacritics in Portuguese
Is a good start to learn Portuguese, make sure after finishing this course to take our course Now Speak Portuguese, to learn everything in Portuguese.
Portuguese is an incredible language, and its pronunciation is really nice and soft, that’s why we can consider it as a romance language
Portuguese is descendent of Latin and spoken by about 300 million people in 10 countries
Things you should know about the Portuguese alphabet
1- Portuguese has 26 letters. letters (X, Y, W) were added in 1994
these letters always used in foreigner words, which is added to the Portuguese vocabulary recently.
2- the pronunciation of Portuguese letters are completely different than English
3- Portuguese uses of digraphs, pairs of letters which represent a single sound different from the sum of their components. Digraphs are not included in the alphabet.
4- Portuguese makes use of five diacritics: the cedilha (ç), acute accent (á, é, í, ó, ú), circumflex accent (â, ê, ô), tilde (ã, õ), and grave accent (à).
5- There are some letters which sound differently, depends on the proceeding letter and its position in the word
you are going to learn the Portuguese Alphabet, and its pronunciation within a word.