Automate Webservices Rest Api (testing) Using Java
Prepare Automation Java Suite for testing Rest API – Free Course
What you’ll learn
- Understand Rest API
- Prepared testcases in Java for Rest api
- Rest Assured Library to automate API
- Basic knowledge
API testing is integration testingof API’s which checks the functionality , performance & security aspects of API’s.
As GUI test is difficult tomaintain and requires a considerable amount of period, API has evolved asprimary testing of application logic.
API to be tested are those whichare developed by development team or third party API’s which we would consumein our project.
API testing involves:
- Calling the APIwith different parameter values
- API boundaryvalue conditions
- Actionsperformed by API i.e. updating database, calling other API
Popular API which are used are RESTimplement in JSON format, which we will be looking during the course. Rest hasbecome most popular because it is lightand easy to maintain.
Rest-assured is library developedby Jaway which is best open source library specially designed to automated RestAPI. It also supportsXML and JSON Request/Responses.
No need of any tool when you needto automate API, simple coding skills will let you perfect automation of API,will be taught during the course.
- Request can beeasily prepared and send over internet
- Assertions inResponse data
- Clean codewhich is easy to be maintained
Author(s): Vaibhav Singhal