[100% Off] Receivables &Amp; The Allowance Vs The Direct Write Off Methods
Accounts receivable valuation, allowance method, direct write off method, valuation of notes receivable, internist calc
What you’ll learn
- Accounts receivable and note receivable characteristics
- Accounts Receivable Cycle
- Accounts Receivable Subsidiary Ledger
- Accounts Receivable Valuation
- Allowance For Doubtful Accounts Method of Accounts Receivable
- Direct Write Off Method of Accounts Receivable
- How to Estimate Bad Debt Expense Under the Allowance Method
- Components of a Note Receivable
- How to Calculate Simple Interest
- How to Record A Note Receivable
- We should have a basic understanding of financial accounting and debits and credits
We will discuss receivables, focusing on accounts receivable and notes receivable, reviewing the accounts receivable cycle, the journal entries for recording accounts receivable, and related subsidiary ledgers.
We will discuss bad debt and valuing ofaccounts receivable using two methods, the allowance method and the direct write off method. The accounts receivable account represents money owed to the company butthere will be times when the companycannot collect on the account receivables.
Under the direct write off method, we write off the accounts receivable as we determine they are not collectible. The direct write off method does not do a good job of representing the accounts receivable account’strue value and does not do a good job of conformingto the matching principle, matching up expenses with the related revenue it was used to generate.
The allowance method does a better job of valuingaccounts receivableand conforming to the matchingprinciple and is the method preferred. The allowance method is more complex, however, and requires the use of estimates.
We will also discuss notes receivable, the journal entry for recording notes receivable, and for receivingpaymenton a note receivable. We will cover detailed methods for calculating simple interest.
In addition to instructional video, this course will include downloadable
Downloadable PDF Files
Excel Practice Files
Multiple Choice Practice Questions
Short Calculation Practice Questions
The PDF files allow us to download reference information we can use offline and as a guide to help us work through the material.
Excel practice files will be preformatted so that we can focus on the adjusting process and learning some of the basics of Excel, like addition, subtraction, and cell relationships.
Multiple choice example question helps us improve our test-taking skills by reducing the information into the size and format of multiple choice questions and discussing how to approach these questions.
Short calculation questions help us reduce problems that have some calculation down to a short format that could be used in multiple choice questions.
Discussion Question will provide an opportunity to discuss these topics with the instructor and other students, a process many students find very helpful because it allows us to see the topic from different viewpoints.
Who will we be learning from?
You will be learning from somebody who has technical experience in accounting concepts and in accounting software like QuickBooks, as well as experience teaching and putting together curriculum.
You will be learning from somebody who is a:
CPA Certified Public Accountant
CGMA Chartered Global Management Accountant
Master of Science in Taxation
CPS Certifies Post-Secondary Instructor
Curriculum Development Export
As a practicing CPA the instructor has worked with many technical accounting issues and helped work through them and discuss them with clients of all levels.
As a CPS and professor, the instructor has taught many accounting classes and worked with many students in the fields of accounting, business, and business applications.
The instructor also has a lot of experience designing courses and learning how students learn best and how to help students achieve their objectives. Experience designing technical courses has also benefit in being able to design a course in a logical fashion and deal with problems related to technical topics and the use of software like QuickBooks Pro.
- Account receivable and note receivable characteristics
- Accounts receivable cycle
- Accounts receivable subsidiary ledger
- Accounts receivable valuation
- Allowance for doubtful accounts method of accounts receivable
- Direct write off method of accounts receivable
- How to estimate bad debt expense under the allowance method
- Components of a note receivable
- How to calculate simple interest
- How to record a note receivable