PDO & MySQL: Connect to MySQL DB using PDO & CRUD Operations
Go from a Beginner to Advance in PDO: Connect to MySQL DB using PDO, Write your first PDO Wrapper class, and do CRUD – Free Course
What you’ll learn
- 1- Connect to MySQL Database using PDO
- 2- Write simple PDO queries without parameters
- 3- Write PDO queries with parameters Prepare statements
- 4- Get data out of statements using foreach(), fetch(), fetchAll()
- 5- Getting data out of statement – PDO::rowCount() the proper use of the rowCount() function
- 6- Getting affected rows and last insert id
- 7- Write a PDO Wrapper class and methods
- 8- Error handling and Exceptions
- 1. Basic knowledge in PHP , and MySQL (Basic Concept in PHP & MySQL, are not covered in the course)
- 2. Comfortable working with any PHP development environment XAMPP, MAMP, WampServer, EasyPHP etc
- 3. Comfortable working with any text editor for example: notepad++, Visual Studio Code, Atom, Sublime
- 4. Knowledge in OOP and PDO will be a plus but not compulsory. Everything is explained from scratch.
Do you want to know how to connect to MySQL Database using PDO?
Do you want to know how to write PDO Database Wrapper Class and methods the proper way?
Do you want to know how to do CRUD operations with PDO?
Do you want to know how to use the rowCount() function the proper way? Note that is the most misused function among PHP PDO developers.
Do you want to know how to write simple and complex queries with PDO?
Do you want to be able to write slim, concise, reusable and secure code?
If your answer to all these is Yes, Then this course is for you.
In this short course, you are going to learn, practice and do some hands-on exercises on how to:
Connect to MySQL Database using PDO
Write your first PDO Database Wrapper class
Write PDO CRUD methods (i.e. function in a class)
Write simple queries queries without parameters
Write secure queries with parameters
Get data out of statements using foreach, fetch(), fetchAll(), fetchColumn()
Error handling and Exceptions
PDO::rowCount() function explained
Get affected rows and last insert Id
The problem with Limit Clause in prepare statements
Write a simple general function and chaining methods
Author(s): Armstrong Nana TAGU