Mechanic Game Design Using Blueprint In Unreal Engine 4
Learn Unreal blueprints by developing 3D games with this comprehensive guide from begin to finish – Free Course
What you’ll learn
- How to master beginner blueprint concepts, like variables, "if" statements, and arrays
- How to create basic material setup
- How to use detect collisions, receive user input, and create game mechanics
- How to create camera setup and toggle team
- How to create level creation
- How to create player controller for each player
- How to set up the piece parent and create the piece spawning logic on the chess board
- How to create dynamic material for chess and board
- How to create chess function library
- How to create "HighlightValidPoints" (without logic, just string input)
- How to create piece selected
- How to create movement logic for King
- How to create movement logic for Queen
- How to create movement logic for Bishop
- How to create movement logic for Knight
- How to create movement logic for Pawn
- How to create attack system for King
- How to create attack system for Queen
- How to create attack system for Bishop
- How to create attack system for Knight
- How to create attack system for Pawn
- How to create Castling logic in "GetAllPossibleMoves”
- How to create Highlight Checked King function
- How to create Menu Level
- How to create GameOver widget with simple function such as "Restart", "Menu", "Quit".
- How to create "KingDeathCheck" function
- How to create “CheckMate” to end the turn
- Installed Unreal engine 4.20 or above
- A basic understanding of mathematics (order of operations, addition, subtraction, multiplication) will facilitate comprehension of certain coding logic.
- A basic understanding of chess game like chess movement, chess attack or castling, and check system, checkmate condition
- Before beginning this course, you should be comfortable browsing the Web and working with your OS like Windows, Mac or Linux
- No prior programming or Unreal experience is required. If you have worked in C++ or Unreal before, this course can help you fine-tune your game development skills.
Often times, learning a new game engine can be difficult, especially when it comes to Unreal Engine 4. Unreal Engine 4 makes your 3D games stand out, as long as you know how to properly use it.
This course will teach you exactly how to use it. The 8 lectures course (which only takes over three hours of your time) starts off with the basics. It teaches you how to implement the basics to create great visuals that are real to the human mind. From there, you are taught simple, clear concepts. That way it’s easy to follow and Unreal Engine 4 becomes much easier to use.
The best part is, you will use the concepts learned for every single game project that you will ever develop. You will even discover and love using the difficult feature, the marketplace. While others (who didn’t take the course) will find that feature hard to maneuver.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
Apply what you learned to build your own games from start to finish.
Organize your game development to make your workflow not only quality but faster.
Make use of Unreal’s blueprints to expand on every game and create new mechanic which works in your game.
What’s more? If you struggle with programming and coding, you are in luck! This course gives you examples upon examples guiding you through the fundamentals of Blueprint programming. So that in little to no time, you will be able to make magic with Blueprints.
You will finally get a course that teaches you how to build a game, from A to Z. When you are done, you will know how to make quality 3D that sets you apart.
Don’t let change stop you from building your skills. Simply click the Enroll Now button to get started right now!
More about the Instructor:
Merlion SG Academy is an online training website offering video courses taught by industry experts in game development,
they has enjoyed sharing their knowledge and has given a way to quickly provide very specific training to those students who learn game development online and helps your career move forward.
We believed that Your career is defined by what you know and how well you know it.
NOTE FOR STUDENTS – please take a look at Section 1 / Lecture 1 to downloads for the source attachment link with the lesson.)