Introduction to Python Control Flow Statements
Learn from scratch how to execute code with control flow – Free Course
What you’ll learn
- How to code if statements
How to code else statements
How to code elif statements
- How to code while loop statements
- How to code for loop statements
- How to code nested for loop statements
- How to use break statements
- How to use continue statements
- How to use for and range statements
- Basic understanding of using a computer
- Basic understanding of using the internet
Control flow statements are an essential part of the Python programming language.
A control flow statement is a block of programming that analyses variables and chooses a direction in which to go based on given parameters. In simple sentence, a control structure is just a decision that the computer makes. So, it is the basic decision-making process in programming and flow of control determines how a computer program will respond when given certain conditions and parameters. It determines the order in which the program’s code executes.
They are decision Making Statements that allow the program to take the decision as which statement should be executed next.
Decision Making statements are used when we want a set of instructions should be executed in one situation and different instructions should be executed in another situation .Decision making can be implemented in python using: