Becoming a Zsh (Oh My Zsh) Power User
Learn How to Increase Your Terminal Productivity Tenfold! Super-charge Your Terminal Experience Using Zsh (Oh My Zsh) – Free Course
What you’ll learn
- How to master Zsh (Oh My Zsh)
Speed up development workflow using a super powerful Terminal experience
Improve your command line skills ten-fold!
- How to setup aliases for NPM, Yarn, Docker, Git & much more!
- You will also be able to download my development .zshrc file
- Basic knowledge of Terminal
- Heavily OS X focused (but can be used on Windows too)
- Some sections are specific to technologies (but can be skipped) such as NPM, Yarn, Docker & Git
Are you interested in becoming a more productive terminal user? Look no further. I’m going to teach you how to become a Zsh (Oh My Zsh) power user. This course is preliminary macOS focused but the same concepts can be applied to Windows. I will be showing you how to setup iTerm and Zsh (Oh My Zsh). In addition to this, I will show you how to become a more productive terminal user; as much as a tenfold increase in your productivity when using terminal!
I will be showing you how to install themes, plugins, z (jump quickly to directories that you have visited “frequently.”). In addition to this, I will be showing you how to setup aliases and custom functions (my favourite two features). I will also be showing you how to setup specific aliases for technologies that you may use: Git, NPM, Yarn, Docker. When it comes to custom functions, I will showing you how to setup very useful functions that can help your Git workflow–such as creating a Git pull request from one command.